Wednesday, July 24, 2013

So you did that did you. Thanks, no really thanks.

Minecraft class set to go everything ready and our server crashed. At this point one of our students came to me and said "would it be alright if I spawned my own world" and I said "no I would prefer you didn't but thanks for asking." Little l did I know that this request was an after thought after he had already given it a go.

So we quickly rolled back a saved copy of the world, Nathan quickly bashed in some script, Chrisi and Pete tap danced in front of the class five minutes and all was fine and everything went of smoothly.

After taking a deep breath Nathan and I both laughed.  We found we looked at this situation in a very different way than most.

Nathan thought it was great that a small security/problem had been exposed before we went live and we both thought good on this student for having an explore, seeing what the software could do and test it out.

So the young man went home not banned form the lab, without a letter to his parents, but blissfully unaware of the consequences of his experiment and happy to be doing Minecraft at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment