Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Getting Behind

Usually I like to have every problem sorted and tested before I am prepared to start a program.  This time I broke my own rules and as could be expected we are now all dealing with the consequences.

The overwhelming enthusiasm of the students for a Minecraft project was infectious so we agreed to kick start the program thinking that in two weeks we would be able to get the licenses, create the accounts and begin.

We had an  issue getting the license keys from Minecraft Edu.  The problem was our payment had not been processed and the communication to straighten this out took a few days.

Once we had the accounts we had to create email account for each license.  As we did not want the students using their own email accounts we had to create 25 of our own.  While this may not seem such a massive job, in a busy school with limited time this took us a number of days to sort out.

In future I will go back to my normal plan, build, test, stress test then start a pilot program.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment